The lovely ChicaX posted an "Edit this photo" challenge on the 2nd February. I have been meaning to familiarise myself with the functions of Photoshop, but have never gotten around to having a go. So I decided that this was the golden opportunity to try, and thus took ChicaX up on her challenge.
Here Is The Photograph
1. Edit the photo as you see fit. (duh huh?)
2. Post your photo and the process you went through to get to the final result, on your blog.
3. Drop ChicaX a link in the comments to your entry, be sure to link back to the contest.
4. Have fun!
So here is what I did.........
1) After importing the photo into photoshop, I decided on a theme;
2) I created a duplicate layer of the background and darkened it to give depth to the sky.
3) I then made this new layer semi transparent, so that I could blend the dark image with the original image
2) I then searched for a "Crime Scene Tape" Image and added it as a layer.
3) I removed the unrequired backround from the new layer.
4) I then repeated the exercise with a new layer showing a "Crime Scene Body Outline".
5) I then had a play with several of the filters and found that the "Pallet Knife" filter added a sense of intrigue to the image, so applied it to each of the layers.
6) I finally saved the file.
Finally, here is my own personal interpretation of the original photograph:
So, I am sorry that the result is a bit morbid (I have no idea where such depressing inspiration came from...lol! I can assure you that it is in no way reflective of me as a person....mwahahahahahah!)
Best wishes, Graham x