Monday 4 February 2008

The "Edit This Photo" Challenge

The lovely ChicaX posted an "Edit this photo" challenge on the 2nd February. I have been meaning to familiarise myself with the functions of Photoshop, but have never gotten around to having a go. So I decided that this was the golden opportunity to try, and thus took ChicaX up on her challenge.

Here Is The Photograph


The rules:
1. Edit the photo as you see fit. (duh huh?)

2. Post your photo and the process you went through to get to the final result, on your blog.

3. Drop ChicaX a link in the comments to your entry, be sure to link back to the contest.

4. Have fun!

So here is what I did.........

1) After importing the photo into photoshop, I decided on a theme;
2) I created a duplicate layer of the background and darkened it to give depth to the sky.
3) I then made this new layer semi transparent, so that I could blend the dark image with the original image
2) I then searched for a "Crime Scene Tape" Image and added it as a layer.
3) I removed the unrequired backround from the new layer.
4) I then repeated the exercise with a new layer showing a "Crime Scene Body Outline".
5) I then had a play with several of the filters and found that the "Pallet Knife" filter added a sense of intrigue to the image, so applied it to each of the layers.
6) I finally saved the file.

Finally, here is my own personal interpretation of the original photograph:



So, I am sorry that the result is a bit morbid (I have no idea where such depressing inspiration came from...lol! I can assure you that it is in no way reflective of me as a person....mwahahahahahah!)

Best wishes, Graham x

11 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

I love it, thanks for participating! :)

Anonymous said...

yikes, edit a photo?!

might as well give it a try...

jafabrit said...

I like what you did. Not an easy image to put a different twist on and you definitely did that :)

Marjie said...

hah....i love how yours turned out. it's not as morbid as you thought, but I did get a laugh from it. Quite creative I'd say. I wish I knew how to manipulate photos as well as you do :).

hope things are well with you my dear friend. have a great week ahead.

Cheers always,
~m
xxxx

DANIELA said...

HI!

HOW ARE YOU?? ONE LITTLE QUESTION... HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS MUCH TRAFFIC IN YOUR BLOG? I MEAN, CONGRATULATIONS! I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY IF I COULD HAVE AS MUCH AS COMMENTS AS YOU HAVE!! LOL

GREETINGS,

DANIELA

Anonymous said...

That makes me think my entry for the February Photo Challenge is posted! Have a look ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVED your edited photo...I think its hysterical...

Max Coutinho said...

Hey Graham,

LOL I loved your edited photo: it is incredibly interesting!

I didn't think it morbid nor anything close; I thought it to be extremely artistic; plus when I looked at the original pic I also thought "it seems like someone died there!"...and it is probably true, have you ever thought about it :)?

Cheers

DANIELA said...

HEY AGAIN! HAHA.. I WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THAT PICTURE THING YOU ARE DOING.. WHAT I NEED TO DO?

DANIELA

Graham Ettridge said...

Hey Chica, thanks for seeting the challenge. I do hope you set some more in the future!!!!

Chasing Fireflies - Give it a go! It is real fun!

Jafarbrit, thak you so much for your kind words :) and thanks for visiting!!!

Marjie, lol ty! Thinhgs are fine here - although I am quite busy at the moment..lol! I hope things are good with you too! Take Care :)

Daniela, the answer is to post from the heart. Post what matters to you and what you believe in. People will come. And make sure you visit plenty of blogs too - that always helps.

Zhu, your feb entry is super fantastic! I am soo impressed. Now that has set the benchmark sooo high - I'm going to have a lot to live up to. LOL!

Meleah Rebeccah - I am so glad it made you laugh. I was a bit worried what people would think....lol!

Max, I had exactly the same feeling. That is what made me edit in that way. I still wonder if anything doid happen there???

Daniela, the rules for this one can be found on Chica's blog (you can find her link on the main post). If you the February Photo Challenge, the rules are on the post two below this one. If you send me your email addy, I will email you the rules :)

Michelle Hix said...

I love what you did with it...very creative!

Graham's Photobook....Through The Eyes Of A Dreamer

Please click on the link below to view or purchase my new book.