Friday 5 June 2009

May Photograph Challenge ~ "Outside"

It is now time for the entries for the May 2009 photograph challenge.  And we have had some exceptionally great photographs submitted again this month.  With summer upon us in England now, the photos have really got me in the mood for stepping outside and enjoying the scenery!!!

First and most important are your submissions...




2) The biscuit in the basket with a whole hoard of stunning photographs of their journey around london.


3) Thrice from the Stupidest corner of my mind with her wonderful and vibrant photographs of a garden frog, an old chair, a beautiful self portrait and a self shadow.


4) Matt from the Personal Blog Phoenix with a wonderful autumn/fall river scene


5) Liss from A memory forever, with a set of haunting photographs that truly show the harsh realisation of the affects of a drought.



If I have missed anybody or you have a late entry (it is never too late!), please let me know and I will add your link to either this post of the next challenge post.

Yes again, each and every one of the entries show a different perspective of "outside", each and every photograph equally wonderful and entertaining. I always enjoy looking at all of your work and welcome those that have joined in this month for the first time :o) I hope you stay with us for the challenges that lay ahead.

I also have an extra entry for the "Chocolate" challenge from Fi from Fi's Ideas and creative moments with her sneaky cadburys cream eggs! Mmmmmmmm!




Okay, now for my entry. I had a bit of an advantage this time as I took a vacation during the challenge time frame which provided me with plenty of opportunity to grab my camera and snap away. Here is my entry:
Outside in Central Park, New York


This is a scene on Memorial Day (25th May 2009) in Central Park, New York. The weather was stunning with the sun shining and barely a breath of air. The magical thing about Central Park is that you can be just footsteps away from one of the busiest cities in the world and find yourself in the most beautiful and amazing park area. The noise and the hustle & bustle of the city seem miles away.


Cheerio for now

Graham x

8 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

You always take such marvelous photos.

Graham Ettridge said...

Awww, thank you CP. That means a lot!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, taunting us with a beautiful picture of your trip to the dark side is not fair :-D

I have always wanted to visit Central Park... and the picture makes me want to go even more.

Can't believe I'm past the deadline again... well, I must say it was pretty cold in Canada till recently. I will try to hunt a nic picture for you this week end!

Memories Of Mine said...

I love how you have managed to capture the sheer size of this park against the city. What great fun it must have been to soak up the atmosphere of Memorial Day.

Anonymous said...

yay!!!!!! I appeared :P Thank you Graham! I am so going to take part in June, July, August, September etc!!!!!!! I really just like the chair pic...and..lol, it's so funny..they mowed the lawn two days after, and I realised there are more things lying in there, lol.

Graham Ettridge said...

Hehehe Zhu! Central Park was so amazing. I could have stayed there all day long, just wandering around the different sections.

Liss, it was truly wonderful. The weather helped by being so gorgeous and warm. A real party atmosphere!

Thrice, there were more things in that grass? It must have been like a jungle or rediscovering the missing city of the Incas...lolol!

Fiona Art said...

Horrah! Thank you for including my cabdury creme egg pictures! Hugs and hope to chat soon. x

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Thanks for tagging me on... and thanks to Thricee for pointing you out! :D

Graham's Photobook....Through The Eyes Of A Dreamer

Please click on the link below to view or purchase my new book.