Sunday 2 September 2007

A vacation in Corfu

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Guys, I'm away at the moment, but will be back around the 19th September. Gosh, how am I going to survive with no blogging in the meantime?????? Speak to you soon!!!



It must be weeks since I last had a holiday... I'm sure I am due one again!!!!

So here it is, in a few days time my next destination - Corfu.

Now I am not one for a beach holiday, but I think this year it will be the safer option. I think the worst injury I could get is a touch of sunburn or a hangover... and if my luck is really out, I could get a paper cut from one of the many books that I am taking with me.

So, where is Corfu?

Corfu is a Greek island just off the coasts of Greece and Albania (see the maps below).






A couple of friends and I have booked an apartment in the resort of Sidari - a place that I'd never heard of until about 5 minutes before booking the the holiday.

Because of this, I can't tell you too much about the place. However, I have done a bit of surfing on the net and have found a small handful of photos from aroud the Island...








This time my intention is to completely chill out. Sit on the beach, go for a swim and read read read... and I'm sure we will find a bar or ten of an evening.

I am planning for this to be a relaxing break... so there will be less time like this:


and more time like this:


Also, this time I will not be taking my laptop. But will be sure to do a post when I return.

23 comments:

no more said...

lol on the indy pic

looks very tranquil and a bit remote in it's own way. Will expect the full pics.

Btw how long does it take for you to put videos on google?Maybe it's because i'm on DSL

Graham Ettridge said...

Thanks Muse :) You know me too well lol! I'll be sure to take far too many pictures (I'll probably take a camcorder with me this time too!).

Btw, I have left a message in your chatbox about the video upload.

AZZITIZZ said...

Nasty little buggers those paper cuts!
I want a job where you work, you seem to get holidays every other week!!!
Have a brilliant time.
:)

Deadpoolite said...

Well you are one lucky dude! I went there last year!

If you are still around feel free to e-mail me and ask anything you want. I totally roamed the island last summer!

Later friend!

Simon said...

I look forward to see some pictures of the place.

Anonymous said...

Can you please so traveling now ? I mean, give me some time to catch up, I'm way behind in terms of traveling and I'm... yeah, I'm jealous.

:D

Hope you have fun there and don't forget the pictures - I remember Greece as a beautiful place !

Anonymous said...

wowowowow... i so want to travel to greece.

Graham Ettridge said...

Azzitizz, ahhh life is just one long holiday :))))

After 14 years of not having one day off sick and usually not getting a chance to take all my annual leave - this year I am making sure I take every chance of using my allowance LOL!

Graham Ettridge said...

DP your tips were very welcome. I will certainly be following your recommendations. Thanks Mate!

Graham Ettridge said...

neoauteur, trust me - you will all be inundated with photos when I get back. I'll be like the relation you all hate to visit - 'cause you have to smile at every photo and say "mmmmmm that's a nice one" or "gosh, you are sooo photogenic".... LOLLLLL!

Graham Ettridge said...

Zhu, you are my inspiration at the moment. If it wasn't for reading your blog, I probably wouldn't have gone anywhere this year. Thanks friend!

Anne, I'll keep some space in my suitcase... just incase you decide to come along... LOL!

Anonymous said...

laugh if you must, but it is what it is

just don't ask me what it is

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=553934277121749930&hl=en

Paper Fan Club said...

Corfu looks and sounds amazing. Be sure to tell us about the experience... the sights, the sounds... and the FOOD!

The Dork One said...

amazing shots! i'll be a regular here, greetings from the philippines!

linda said...

I hope the sun shines brightly for you and you come back all relaxed.

Ineke said...

Wow, Corfu.
Hope you have a blast!

Marjie said...

hey dear, just dropped by to say hi! look at all those tourists spots. i'm sure you're having a wonderful time!

btw...i'm working on the meme that you have assigned me. I promise, I still haven't forgotten :)!

Baba Doodlius said...

I know Corfu - and a little Karate also.

Paper Fan Club said...

I just hope you're not the hairy guy in the hot pink speedo...

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know I moved my blog to Wordpress :

Correr Es Mi Destino

Anonymous said...

where are the corfu chronicles?

So you wanna see what I did on MY vacation? lol

http://www.metacafe.com/channels/pinwheel74/

sincerely,
guess who?

linda said...

Okay, it is now the 21st - you have been back for two days. Where are those gorgeous pics I just know you have been taking!!! Hope you had a good time.

Choc Mint Girl said...

Hi, Graham!!

I've tagged with you with the "Nonsense Story Meme..."

Graham's Photobook....Through The Eyes Of A Dreamer

Please click on the link below to view or purchase my new book.