Monday 4 January 2010

100 things about me.... updated for 2010

.

I thought it was about time I updated my "100 things about me", as it was 3 years ago that I last completed the meme! Happy readings!!!!







Q1: What is your first name and what does it mean?
A: Graham (‘Gra’ = gravel/stone, ‘ham’ = Home/house).

Q2: What is your last name and what does it mean?
A: Ettridge (originated from a place in Scotland and means ‘the land between two waterfalls’). Therefore my full name means “The stone house on the land between two waterfalls”.

Q3: How old are you?
A: 37yrs old (3 years older than the last time I wrote 100 things...lol!)

Q4: Where do you live?
A: England

Q5: Any Hobbies?
A: Travelling, Photography, Cooking, Swimming, Reading, Walking

Q6: What colour socks are you wearing?
A: A mixture Red, black, blue and yellow stripes...lol!

Q7: Club or Bar?
A: Bar

Q8: What time did you get up this morning?
A: 07.05 (is that precise enough?)

Q9: When is your birthday?
A: June 17th (Gemini)

Q10:What is your favourite TV show?
A: QI


Q11:What did you have for breakfast?
A: A Slice of toast and a cup of tea


Q12:What is your favourite cuisine?
A: Any Thai, Italian or Greek food

Q13:Your favourite potato chip?
A: Cream cheese and chives

Q14:What is your favourite album at the moment?
A: ‘Do you want the truth......’ by Paloma Faith




Q15:What kind of car do you drive?
A: Honda Civic 5dr SE Executive (now, there is a surprise...lol!)

Q16:Favourite sandwich?
A: A hot 'Bacon and Brie Cheese' Panini

Q17:What characteristics do you despise?
A: Lateness and dishonesty

Q18:Favourite item of clothing?
A: Jeans

Q19:If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
A: Serengeti Safari

Q20:What colour is your bathroom?
A: Pale green with a minging avocado bathroom suite
(soon to be changed...hurrrrrayyyy!!!)

Q21:Favourite brand of clothing?
A: Fat Face/Big Fish/Ralph Lauren/Polo

Q22:Where would you want to retire to?
A: Anywhere but here!

Q23:Favourite time of day?
A: Around 6.00pm when I slowly sink into the hot jacuzzi at my local country hotel and relax after a crappy day at the office

Q24:Where were you born?
A: Stratford Upon Avon (Shakespeare's Birthplace too!)

Q25:Coke or Pepsi?
A: Coke

Q26:Are you a morning person or night owl?
A: Morning

Q27:What size shoe do you wear?
A: 10 (UK) 44(EUR)

Q28:Do you have pets?
A: No, but I would have a dog if I spent more time at home.

Q29:Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone?
A: Yep, I'm young(ish) free and single!!!

Q30:What did you want to be when you were little?
A: Older....oh and a Pathologist...then an accountant...then.......

Q31:Favourite sweets/candy bar?
A: I love dark chocolate and my favourite brand is "Black Magic" Chocolate...mmmmmm yummy!

Q32:What is your best childhood memory?
A: Having the stabilizers taken off my first bicycle....my worst memory was 2 seconds later when I fell off...ouch!

Q33:What are the different jobs you have had in your life?
A: Shop assistant, Accounts clerk, HR Admin Co-ordinator, and currently Strategic Resource Planning Mgr

Q34:What colour underwear are you wearing?
A: White

Q35:Nicknames?
A: You can't honestly think that I am going to disclose that one whilst I'm sober

Q36:Piercing?
A: none...yet

Q37:Eye colour?
A: Brown (or bloodshot, if it is a Sunday morning)

Q38:Ever been to Africa?
A: Yes - Morocco, but would love to see more of it sometime soon!

Q39:Ever been toilet papering?
A: Don't know what that is.

Q40:Love someone so much it made you cry?
A: Yes...once upon a time...sob

Q41:Been in a car accident?
A:Yes

Q42:Who do you work for?
A: Honda



Q43:Favourite day of the week?
A: Saturdays

Q44:Favourite restaurant?
A: Three Crowns (Brinkworth, Nr Chippenham, Wiltshire, England)...This place should be placed on everybody's "MUST VISIT" list, whether you live in England or anywhere else in the world.!!!!!!


Q45:Favourite flower?
A: Self raising.....oh flower....an English Rose of course

Q46:Favourite ice cream?
A: Vanilla

Q47:Disney or Warner Brothers?
A:Disney

Q48: Favourite fast food place?
A: Any chinese takeaway

Q49. What colour is your bedroom carpet?
A: Cream

Q50: How many times did you fail your driver's test?
A: Zero, I think I scared the instructor so much that he wanted to avoid seeing me again

Q51: From whom did you get your last email?
A: Facebook...lol!

Q52: Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
A: It would have to be a travel agent

Q53: What do you do most often when you are bored?
A: Go for a walk in Savernake forest

Q54: Bedtime?
A: Usually 11.00 p.m on a work night

Q55: Last person you went to dinner with?
A: Scarlett Johansson(come on guys...I'm allowed to dream aren't I?)...It was with some friends to celebrate New Year 2010.

Q56: "Ready cooked" meals or fresh ingredients?
A: Fresh ingredients of course! I lurve cooking!!!

Q57: What are you currently reading?
A: I'm rereading Philip Pullman's "His Dark Material" Trilogy

Q58: What are you listening to right now?
A: "Within you" from the fantastic and emotional album "Till the sun turns black" by Ray Lamontagne (go check it out if you haven't heard it before)



Q59: What is your favourite colour?
A: Blue

Q60: Lake, Ocean or river?
A: River

Q61: How many tattoos do you have?
A: None

Q62: Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
A: The egg..it's soooo obvious

Q63: Which seven famous people would you invite to your dinner party?
A: Mahatma Ghandi, Michael Palin, Anthony Hopkins, Scarlett Johansson, Charles Darwin, Julia Roberts, Al Pacino

Q67: Which animal best describes your personality?
A: Orangutang

Q68: 'Centre of attention' or 'on the sidelines'
A: On the side

Q69: Ideal partner: Blonde, Brunette or Redhead
A: It doesn't matter (as long as it doesn't come off at night).

Q70: Claim to fame
A: Related to Emmeline Pankhust (Founder of the Women's Suffrage Movement - Equal voting rights for women)

Q71: Bank or spend?
A: Bank then spend...

Q72: Mend or throw away?
A: Don't break in the first place!

Q73: Hot climate, cold climate?
A: Like both, but it is easier to warm up than cool down.

Q74: What would the epitaph on your gravestone read?
A: "...at least he tried"

Q75: Are you left or right handed?
A: Right handed

Q76: On what side of the bed do you sleep?
A: Left hand side

Q76: Cinema or sofa?
A: It all depends who with :)

Q77: PJ's, shorts or nothing?
A: Nothing

Q78: A day at the Mall or a day by the river?
A: A day by the river of course.

Q79: Have you ever lied?
A: Would you believe me if I said no?

Q80: Purpose in life?
A: To be happy and to make people happy...to love and to be loved

Q81: Favourite Drink?
A: A glass of Cabernet Sauvignon

Q82: What would your ideal house look like?
A: Old cottage with a thatched roof in the Cotswolds of England

Q83: What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
A: Their eyes

Q84: Are you comfortable with your height?
A: At 5'10 yes I am - but it gets a bit cold up here sometimes.

Q85: Have you ever thought that you were honestly going to die?
A: Yes, tumbling 50 ft down a hill then falling over the edge of a quarry and free falling 40ft on to my back...my life did flash before me..something I will never forget.

Q86: Any regrets about anything?
A: I try not to regret, just learn...but yes I do have a few.

Q87: Is there someone or something you really want?
A: Yes, but I haven't met her yet :(

Q88: Does anybody like you?
A: I do hope so...

Q89: Do you believe in God?
A: I do believe...but just not sure what...

Q90: Have you ever kayaked?
A: Yes, in the Amazon

Q91: Fireworks..love'em or hate'em?
A: Love'em

Q92: When was the last time you were hugged?
A: At new year 2010

Q93: Do you speak any other language other than English?
A: A very small amount of French, German and Japanese

Q94: Are you allergic to anything?
A: Just the tax man

Q95: Favorite Saying?
A: I'll respect your opinion if you accept that mine is right

Q96: Are you close to your family?
A: Yes, they are very important to me!

Q97: When was the last time you went swimming?
A: This evening, I try to swim most evenings after work.

Q98: Can you curl your tongue?
A: Yes...can you?

Q99: Were you ever rushed by ambulance into an Emergency room?
A: No, I went by helicopter instead...Lol!

Q100: Is there a question that you would like visitors to your blog to answer?
A: Yes, please can you let me know 100 things about you?

14 comments:

jojo said...

I should have read your blog first before pulling a mini-rant on mine!

no more said...

I'm going to have to reread this when i'm not dead to the world. Ray Lamantonge..THAT Is why you have to access my playlist. I do have songs on there you might like ;o)

jojo said...

Graham, you are a gem, don't ever forget it!

Choc Mint Girl said...

Wow! Another 100 things about you! Phewww... It sure did feel like reading an interrogation. LOL! I suddenly could breathe normally again haha...

I love the way you defined your name. Very nice. :-)

Yellow stripes socks! It just made me smile.

Black Magic chocs? You mean dark chocs??

Bloodshot eyes? So, you become a vampire at the bar on the night before?? Haha...

I'm laughing at the Q39. Why would the creator wants to know about this? Heeheeheee...

Scarlett Johannsson is one hot woman. I remember I read a book 'A Girl with the Pearl Earring' while I was visiting my sis in Italy, and when I was on a plane back to my country, it was a coincidence that they were showing the movie. It was starred by Scarlett Johannsson. She was so very young back then. :-)

Ella Unread said...

Wow, you left quite an assignment for someone unemployed like me to have fun with :)

Michelle said...

I may have to do this one. I loved how you explained your name.Some of the anwsers are very interesting. Your allergy is funny. LOL! You are one of a kind. Glad to have you back.

Pam said...

Hi,
While I was reading I thought of how positive person you are ...until I read the final question about the 100 things from your readers:)

Anonymous said...

You don't have the full English breakfast? How continental of you! :-)

I second that: it's easier to warm up than cool down. Yet, trust me: at -25C tonight, heat and sweat seems very appealing!

Anonymous said...

Graham,
I discovered your blog this past Christmas and have enjoyed it ever since. Love how open you are with your 100 questions! From your answers, I believe we were separated at birth. Keep it up!

Living vicariously!

K.

Tish said...

Graham, I really enjoyed reading your updated 100 things about you! And now I realize that we have far more in common than I even knew about before! For instance, I'm not a big fan of chocolate - with the exception of dark chocolate! I love it, and everyone else I know seems to hate it! I have never heard of Black Magic though. There are lots of other things I'll have to chat with you about one night on Yahoo too!! Take care, my friend. xoxo

Memories Of Mine said...

Ok we need to go out for Thai food!! and a block of dark chocolate or 2...

After reading all your answer I think we have a bit in common, not just a love of cooking and photography.

Jocuri Arcade said...

I'm not a big fan of chocolate - with the exception of dark chocolate! I love it, and everyone else I know seems to hate it! I have never heard of Black Magic though

Andrea said...

I hear Scarlett J is now available........

Van Hire Brighton said...

Enjoyed the post! Specially the videos! Thanks for sharing!

-Natalie

Graham's Photobook....Through The Eyes Of A Dreamer

Please click on the link below to view or purchase my new book.