Friday 5 October 2007

Istanbul - Turkey 2007 continued.....



Well, I have finally arrived back home. As expected, I didn't get a chance to be a tourist whilst I was in Istanbul.

As mentioned in my previous post, I was rather bored on the plane, so took a few photos from out of the window and of my refreshments. I can tell you that the person sat next to me on the plane was a colleague, so was not surprised that I started taking photos of everything that moved......

I also took a few minutes of film footage of the journey and landing....


On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday my day pretty much consisted of waking up betweem 5am and 6am, getting showered & dressed, then making my way down to the breakfast buffet, before making my way out to the lobby to be collected and driven to work.

It will come as absolutely no surprise to you that my camera was never far away...

Below is a small collection of photos taken from my hotel room, early in the morning...









Unfortunately, I tried to take some photos but they didn't turn out very well - far too much motion blurr due to the road surfaces and the speed we were travelling. However, have no fear, I did manage to take some more video footage of the journey to and from work - starting and finishing with the journey across the suspension bridge spanning over the breathtaking Bosphorus river









On arriving back at the hotel late in the evening, there was just enough time to grab a quick shower before popping into Taksim square for a bite to eat before retiring to my bed in readiness for another busy day.

I flew back from Istanbul on Thursday night, arriving home at midnight and back at work by 8.00am on Friday morning.

So here endith yet another trip to Istanbul without an opportunity to visit the amazing sites of the amazing city. I'm definitely adding Istanbul to my vacation list and will try to pop over there again next year for a city-break weekend. Unless, I can wrangle an extended visit next time I am there for work.

Bye for now (and thank you everybody for the kind and amusing comments on my previous post... they made me smile)

Graham :)

8 comments:

no more said...

what video editing program did you use? Nice! Makes me want to videotape the christmas calamity happening at Gardenridge to the tune of "Deliver me"...lol

The 2nd pic below the video of your drive is really great! but watching that plan land reminded me of why i hate flying....ehhhhhhhggghh. I remember on one flight i saw a full solar eclipse. And some spectacular sunsets that the sun sank below the cloudline creating ripples of color. but i never did like flying otherwise. the video of your trips really ties together the travel theme of the blog

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back home ! Eh eh, I'm selfish, but now you will prob. be back to more blogging :$

The pictures you took are pretty good. To be honest, I wouldn't know what Turkey looks like... Don't know much about the country, although I did see Midnight Express :D

From the look of your picture, it looks like a bit of Middle East architecture and feel, yet quite modern.

Tell us more next time, but have a good sleep first !

Graham Ettridge said...

Hey Muse :)

I used the standard Windows Movie Maker for these ones, as I wanted to pull the post together quickly.

You must get back in a plane at somepoint, there is so much in the world that is waiting for you to experience. A few hours of flying is worth it for a lifetime of memories.

Hiya Zhu!! Yep, I am back and as soon as I catch on a lot of lost sleep, I will def. be back to more regular blogging. There is sooooo much to catch up on.

no more said...

midnight express...lol

btw graham your moviemaker must have options mine doesn't. LIke with the newspaper image, very catchy. I must have the old busted up version, because it crashes constantly

linda said...

Midnight Express! That would be one interesting holiday... I think Turkey would be gorgeous to visit. But I just cannot say the word "Turkey" without thinking it to be funny (childish indeed). Looking forward to more posts from you.

roentare said...

Really enjoy this blog. Great story as well

Choc Mint Girl said...

Welcome back, Graham!! He he...I keep saying those lines :D

Woww...you've made it sound so amazing with the pix and video footage that I couldn't help but wonder what it really feels to be there...

New York Hotels said...

Great blog. Really enjoying this blog. I hope i will go Istanbul very soon as we are planning a small tour in this vacations. I always use ECT for my hotel bookings.

Graham's Photobook....Through The Eyes Of A Dreamer

Please click on the link below to view or purchase my new book.