The lovely Daszzle of the amazingly entertaining Something to smile about has tagged me with an inspiring meme. The task is to write down my 8 lists based on 8 pre-defined categories. A challenge indeed!!!
Thanks for the tag Daszzle! Here we go:
8 Things I'm Passionate About
4. Walking in the countryside
5. The theatre
6. Wildlife (Flora and Fauna)
7. Fine food, fine wine and fine w....
8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die
1. Live a little
2. See the Aurora Borealis (the Northern Lights)
3. Sit face to face with a wild Silverback Gorilla in the jungles of Uganda
4. To regain my confidence of heights
5. To swim with dolphins
6. To meet that ‘special’ person
7. To do something that will change somebody else’s life for the better
8. To like myself
8 Things I Say Often
1. "I think there may be room for negotiation here"
2. "I’ll accept your opinion, if you accept that mine is right”
3. "Oh crumbs!"
5. "Mine’s a pint!"
6. "I’ll do it tomorrow"
7. "Where did I put it? “
8 Books I've read recently
1. The Historian – Elizabeth Kostova
2. His Dark Material – Philip Pullman (You abslolutely must read the trilogy before watching the film this Christmas)
3. The Book Of Lost Things – John Connolly
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling
5. The Testament of Gideon Mack – James Robertson
6. The Book of Dave – Will Self
7. The Next Thing On My List – Jill Smolinski
8. The Dice Man – Luke Rhinehart
8 Songs That I Could Listen to Over and Over
The video above didn't fall into my 'list of 8', but I couldn't resist posting it anyway. It is one of the most amazing gatheringing of legendry artists - Leonard Cohen and U2 singing Cohen's mesmorising "The Tower Of Song". Has there ever been a more memorable team-up?
Now for the list:
1. No Woman No Cry – Bob Marley and the Wailers
2. A Man's World - James Brown
3. A Thousand Kisses Deep – Leonard Cohen. Honestly, any song by this legendry artist is worthy of being on my list, but I could only include one. If I can pass one piece of advice onto you all it would be to open your mind to the work of Leonard Cohen.
4. I Put a spell on you – Nina Simone
5. In this world - Moby
6. Knockin’ on heaven’s door – Guns’n’Roses
7. Umbrella - Rihanna
8. Nothing compares 2 U – Sinead O’Connor
8 Things That Attract Me to my Best Friends
1. Sense of humour
8. Their ability to accept that I am always right
8 Things I Have Learned This Past Year
1. What goes up must come down (oops)
2. Families are special, important and priceless
3. Live for today, enjoy today, do not ruin today worrying about tomorrow
4. If it can, it probably will.
5. Jobs don’t get done if you don’t bloody well do them!!!!
6. Sugar tastes better than salt on cereal
7. How to make the worlds best omelette
8. How to carve a pumpkin lantern
8 People Who Should Do This Meme
I'm going to have to fail on this one. A few of the people I would have selected for this Meme have already completed the tag or have just been tagged. Therefore I open this one up to the floor. I welcome anybody to take on this meme.
For anybody who does choose to take on the challenge, please let me know so that I can come and visit and read your lists.
Many thanks and have a happy weekend!!